Gluten-Free and Vegetarian
- 2 lbs. fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 2 slices Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Bread, toasted and torn into 1/2 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Slice off the ends of Brussels Sprouts and discard. Place Brussels Sprouts onto a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Place into the oven; bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired crispiness.
3. Meanwhile, place Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Bread into a food processor. Pulse until bread forms a bread crumb consistency
4. Remove from oven; transfer to a large bowl. Top with diced tomatoes, toss with chili powder, flax seeds, sesame seeds, Feta cheese and Rudi’s bread crumbs.
5. Serve warm or room temperature.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan-based culinary marketing consultant specializing in gluten-free “clean” eating. Her experience as a marketing consultant spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors, where she creates menus, develops marketing and publicity efforts, and builds brand awareness for her clients. Amie is also a culinary nutritionist, spending time with clients as a Food Allergy Concierge and Pantry Stylist in the big apple of Manhattan. http://thehealthyapple.com/