- 1 package Rudi’s Savory Herb Gluten-Free Stuffing
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup onion,diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fry sausage in a frying pan until cooked thoroughly and crumbled. Set aside.
- Saute carrots for three minutes in olive oil on med to high heat. Add green pepper and continue for another three minutes. Add mushroom and onion and continue for two more minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare stuffing as instructed. Once complete, add all the fried ingredients to stuffing, mixing with a fork to maintain fluffiness. Place in a casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
About A Nut in A Nutshell: I started blogging to fill my time when my baby went to college, and yes, I’m the mom of two kids in their early to mid-twenties, gasp! Fortunately, I was quite young when I started having kids, so I’ve got all kinds of life and goofiness left in me even though they’re gone. My roots are in the Midwest, but I moved to coastal North Carolina about two years ago. After college, I was working in the Travel & Tourism industry and loved it, but gave it up to stay home and raise my two kids. No regrets, of course! I love spending my time in the kitchen creating and tweaking recipes and trying out new kitchen tools and methods of preparation. When I’m not making something myself, I most definitely enjoy dining out and traveling. Experiencing new adventures is one of my greatest joys in life! And I’m so happy that through blogging and social media, I’ve been able to share my passion for lifestyle, food, travel, tech, entertainment and style with you!