Three Finalists Announced in Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery’s Unbelievably Good Gluten-Free Recipe Contest
Grand prize winner to star in a gluten-free online cooking show and national Rudi’s Gluten-Free advertisement
Boulder, Colo. — June 13, 2011 — Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery today announced the three finalists in the Unbelievably Good Gluten-Free Recipe Contest. From April 18 to May 20, Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery encouraged aspiring gluten-free chefs to share their culinary masterpieces in the Unbelievably Good Gluten-Free Recipe Contest for a chance to win the grand prize, which includes a trip to Boulder, Colo., and a chance to star in an online cooking show and national advertisement.
Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Facbook fans voted from April 18 to June 6 to determine the top ten gluten-free recipes, and a panel of judges, including Chef Jeffrey Barbour from Restaurant 4580, Martin Hammer, owner of Restaurant 4580, Chef Dan Kohler from Renegade Kitchen and Alternative Appetites, Jane Miller, CEO of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery selected the top three finalists who will compete for the grand prize this month in Boulder, Colo.
The top three finalists, who also shared their personal gluten-free story to be named a finalist, got creative with gluten-free bread to create ter-RUDI-ific gluten-free recipes, which all include a product from the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery line, are:
- Terra Fox from Conover, N.C. — Fox’s recipe, “Rudi’s Pocket Pies,” is a flavorful gluten-free recipe that can be adapted to include any fillings, from savory to sweet, to create a tasty gluten-free meal or snack.
- John Inderdohnen from Centereach, N.Y. — After his family went gluten-free, it became Inderdohnen’s goal to find healthy recipes packed with flavor, including his creation “Rudi’s Unbelievably Good Grilled Cheese with Tomato and Pesto.”
- Annalyn Varalla Wills from Phoenix — Wills embraces gluten-free cooking in honor of her Munna, who never knew of her gluten-free condition, experimenting with different flavor profiles to create tasty recipes like her “Prickly Pear Rudi-fied Goat and Rhubarb Treat.”
The finalists won a trip for two to Boulder, Colo., home of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery, where they will compete in the Final Recipe Cook-Off at Restaurant 4580 on June 24, 2011. The grand prize winner will star in a National Foundation for Celiac Awareness — Alternative Appetites cooking show with Chef Dan Kohler of Renegade Kitchen and be featured in a national media advertisement for Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery.
“We were amazed by the unique recipes submitted by the gluten-free community to our Unbelievably Good Gluten-Free Recipe Contest, all of which are made with one of our Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery baked goods that look, taste and feel just like the real thing,” said Doug Radi, vice president of marketing for Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery. “This contest exemplifies Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery’s belief that you don’t have to give anything up to go gluten-free.”
The additional top 10 finalists, who received a $250 gift card to Williams-Sonoma and an assortment of Rudi’s Gluten-Free products and swag, include:
- Jennifer Daskevich from Los Angeles — “Rudi’s Milanese — Better Than Any Chicken Finger Ever Hoped to Be”
- Merry Graham from Newhall, Calif. — “Fan-RUDI-astic Yammy Quiche”
- Laurie Lufkin from Essex, Mass. — “Cinnamon Spiced Apple & Bread Pudding Parfaits”
- Melissa Mostowy from Escondido, Calif. — “Rudi’s Fruit Spring Delight!”
- Elizabeth DeHart from West Jordan, Utah — “Rudi’s Easy Caprese Sammy”
- Dorothy Kieffer from Yardley, Pa. — “Rudi’s Gluten-Free Olive Pepper Parsley Bruschetta”
- Lorin Young Cook from Alpine, N.J. — “Rudi-Tudi Filled French Toasty”
About Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Inc.
Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Inc., founded and headquartered in Boulder, Colo., is the only nationally available brand offering a full line of certified organic bread and baked goods. Rudi’s Organic Bakery has a long history of baking bread a better and brighter way, by using simple organic ingredients that contain no artificial ingredients, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup or trans-fat. Since 2005, Rudi’s Organic has been a part of Charter Baking Company, Inc., a portfolio company of Charterhouse Group, Inc. Rudi’s Organic is a premier organic brand with distribution throughout the U.S. in both natural foods stores and mainstream supermarkets. Founded in 1976, Rudi’s Organic offers small batch organic artisan breads, sliced sandwich breads, wide pan sandwich breads, hamburger and hot dog buns, wraps and a popular line of organic spelt breads, buns and tortillas. In July 2010, Rudi’s Organic Bakery launched a new line of natural gluten-free products under the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery brand. Follow Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery on Facebook, Twitter, and Rudi’s Gluten-Free Blog, Baked on the Bright Side.
Dayna Davis, Linhart PR, 303-951-2564 (office), 719-237-4678 (mobile),