Rudi’s Organic Bakery and Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Unveil New Products at Natural Products Expo West
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Company announces new organic sandwich and bagel Flatz and gluten-free tortillas made to delight families across the U.S.
Boulder, Colo. — (March 9, 2012) — Rudi’s Organic Bakery officially announced the introduction of two new product lines today at Natural Products Expo West. The new products include Rudi’s Organic Bakery Flatz, a nationally available organic line of sandwich rounds and bagels on the market with only 110 calories or less, and Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Tortillas, available in three delicious gluten-free flavors. All of the new products leverage the company’s long-time commitment to baking bread a brighter way, giving moms high-quality products they can feel good about feeding their families.
“Our goal is to continue to offer new, healthy and wholesome products that our consumers have come to trust us to provide,” said Doug Radi, vice president of marketing for Rudi’s Organic Bakery. “We’re excited to expand our better-tasting gluten-free line as well as offer our organic Flatz that are baked on the lighter side. Both new products are sure to help make packing lunches a little bit easier for moms everywhere and ultimately inspire a healthy lifestyle.”
The new line of Rudi’s Organic Bakery Flatz sandwich and bagel rounds offer a lighter option so bread lovers never have to choose between great taste and nutrition. And with four different varieties, there are plenty of options to satisfy even the pickiest taste buds in the family. To please mom, the different varieties offer 3—5 grams of fiber, and the sandwich Flatz and whole wheat bagel Flatz offer 23-25 grams of whole grains per serving. Just like all other Rudi’s Organic products, Flatz are made free of artificial ingredients and are USDA Certified Organic. The following Flatz products can be found now in natural food stores and select mainstream supermarkets across the country:
- Plain Bagel Flatz (MSRP – $4.59) – Baked on the lighter side but with all the flavor of your Sunday morning favorite, these Bagel Flatz go just as perfectly with cream cheese and lox as they do with light touch of organic jam.
- 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Flatz (MSRP – $4.59) – The perfect addition to a well-rounded breakfast any day of the week, these Flatz are made with whole grain wheat and wholesome ingredients you can recognize.
- Multigrain Sandwich Flatz (MSRP – $4.59) — Pack a lighter lunch by making your favorite sandwich on one of these tasty Flatz. Made with whole wheat, millet, spelt, corn, oats, flax seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
- 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz (MSRP – $4.59) — These tasty delights pair perfectly with everything from organic turkey and cheese, to tuna salad or hummus and veggies.
In addition to Flatz, Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery is excited to announce the launch of its new gluten-free tortillas. The tortillas are made with whole grain flours and have a soft, pliable texture, ready to be rolled into a delicious burrito or tasty sandwich wrap. To satisfy everyone in the family, the tortillas are available in plain, spinach and fiesta flavors, each made with simple and wholesome ingredients, including whole grains and 5 grams of fiber per serving. The gluten-free tortillas are a welcome addition to the Rudi’s Gluten-Free product line, all of which allow those with a gluten intolerance to truly enjoy bread and baked goods that look, taste and feel like the real thing. The three varieties are available at select stores nationwide and include:
- Plain Tortillas (MSRP – $5.99) – Soft and pliable so they’re perfect for building a simple quesadilla or a loaded chicken burrito.
- Spinach Tortillas (MSRP – $5.99) — These delicious tortillas are made with gluten-free ingredients moms can feel good about. Their soft and pliable texture make them the perfect wrap for a variety of ingredients, from a chicken Caesar wrap to a morning egg and cheese delight.
- Fiesta Tortillas (MSRP – $5.99) — Spice up your favorite Mexican meal with these tasty tortillas made with red bell pepper, jalapeno, onion and garlic flavors.
In addition to the two new product lines, Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free have made a commitment to engage directly with its customers in 2012 through a variety of exciting Facebook programs to drive consumer engagement using incentives like coupons and prizes. For example, during the month of February, both brands offered 30 days of giveaways in an effort to inspire healthier and happier living. As the year progresses, Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free will implement several Facebook programs offering customers exciting opportunities to engage with the brand.
Retailers can learn more about the new product launches by visiting the Rudi’s Organic Bakery booth #3744 in Hall D at the Anaheim Convention Center March 8-11, 2012 during the annual Natural Products Expo West. Rudi’s Organic and Gluten-Free products are available nationally at natural foods stores and select mainstream supermarkets. To learn more and check for local product availability, visit www.rudisbakery.com.
Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Inc., founded and headquartered in Boulder, Colo., is the nation’s largest brand of USDA certified organic breads. Rudi’s Organic Bakery has a long history of baking bread a better and brighter way, by using simple organic ingredients that contain no artificial ingredients, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup or trans-fat. Founded in 1976, Rudi’s offers small batch organic artisan breads, sliced sandwich breads, wide pan sandwich breads, English muffins, bagels, hamburger and hot dog buns, and wraps as well as a popular line of organic spelt breads, buns and tortillas. For more information, visit www.rudisbakery.com or follow Rudi’s Organic Bakery on Facebook and Twitter.