Rudi’s Organic Bakery and Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Named Among the Best Kid Food by Parents in an Online Poll
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
KIWI Magazine’s Parent Advisory Board members and Facebook fans voted Rudi’s as having some of the best natural and organic foods for kids
Boulder, Colo. — April 4, 2010 — In a recent online poll determining top foods for kids from KIWI, a magazine for parents that promotes healthy family living, Rudi’s Organic Bakery tied for first place in the sliced bread category, and Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery was named one of four ‘additional winners’ in the gluten-free bread category. In order to select the winners of the 2011 KIWI Awards for Best Kid Food, the magazine surveyed more than 1,000 members of its Parent Advisory Board and Facebook fan base in an online poll. The honors, and full listing of additional winners, can be found in the April/May 2011 issue of the magazine on newsstands now.
“We were honored to learn that parents recognize both Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free breads as tasty and nutritious staples the whole family can enjoy,” said Doug Radi, vice president of marketing for Rudi’s Organic Bakery. “We bake our breads with purpose, and were thrilled to learn that KIWI readers have recognized our efforts to bake on the bright side, using only the highest quality ingredients moms can feel good about.”
According to Kiwi’s April/May issue, the organic and natural picks in all of the award categories are ones kids love and parents can feel good about.
“KIWI readers have strong opinions about the best natural and organic foods for their families. So when more than 1,000 of them weighed in on their favorite foods, we knew we had some real winners,” said Sarah Smith, editorial director for KIWI. “Rudi’s, with two wins, should be very proud to be a go-to brand for such discerning moms and dads.”
Rudi’s Organic Bakery was founded 35 years ago on the idea that there is a better, brighter way to make bread, leading the company to become a pioneer in the bread industry. Rudi’s Organic bakes bread without the use of artificial chemicals or preservatives, and nearly 20 years ago started using organic ingredients in its breads and baked goods. Today, some of Rudi’s Organic Bakery’s most popular breads for kids include:
- Honey Sweet Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread (MSRP – $4.39) — A drop of golden honey goodness turns whole wheat into a treat in this sandwich bread. The family favorite is sure to please as the perfect top and bottom to any sandwich.
- Organic Potato Slider Buns (MSRP – $4.39) — One of the newest additions to the Rudi’s Organic family, the organic potato flour gives these slider buns a soft, delicious taste that’s perfect for summer grilling.
- Rudi’s Organic Bakery 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread (MSRP – $4.39) —The whole wheat flour and a hint of molasses found in this recipe is an old world tradition that is sure to become a family favorite.
- Plain Bagels (MSRP – $3.99) — A classic bagel, done with organically with wheat and white whole wheat flours. A slightly smaller bagel at 140 calories, it’s a perfect size for kids and moms alike.
- Whole Grain Wheat English Muffins (MSRP — $3.99) — These classic, hearty, organic and wholesome English muffins have a lovable sweet, nutty taste.
Rudi’s Organic Bakery launched Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery in 2010 with three gluten-free sandwich bread varieties — Original, Multigrain and Cinnamon Raisin — with the goal of providing families with dietary restrictions convenient, healthy breads that taste, look and feel like the real thing. This spring, Rudi’s Gluten-Free is excited to announce families have even more options for gluten-free products that don’t leave you feeling like you have to give something up to go gluten-free. The newest additions to the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Family include:
- Gluten-Free Multigrain Hamburger Buns (MSRP – $4.49) — This soft textured bun made with wholesome, all-natural ingredients and a hint of molasses and honey is the perfect complement to a hamburger or veggie burger.
- Gluten-Free Multigrain Hot Dog Rolls (MSRP – $4.49) — A tasty combination of flaxseed, sunflower seeds and cornmeal provides a flavor the whole family will love and a texture that can withstand a loaded up chili dog just as well as a plain hot dog.
- Original Pizza Crusts (MSRP – $4.49) — Made with all natural ingredients you can pronounce, these gluten-free pizza crusts have a thin, crispy crust that’s perfect for that family pizza night.
To learn more about Rudi’s Organic Bakery and Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery, visit www.rudisbakery.com.
About Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Inc.
Rudi’s Organic Bakery, Inc., founded and headquartered in Boulder, Colo., is the only nationally available brand offering a full line of certified organic bread and baked goods. Rudi’s Organic Bakery has a long history of baking bread a better and brighter way, by using simple organic ingredients that contain no artificial ingredients, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup or trans-fat. Since 2005, Rudi’s Organic has been a part of Charter Baking Company, Inc., a portfolio company of Charterhouse Group, Inc. Rudi’s Organic is a premier organic brand with distribution throughout the U.S. in both natural foods stores and mainstream supermarkets. Founded in 1976, Rudi’s Organic offers small batch organic artisan breads, sliced sandwich breads, wide pan sandwich breads, hamburger and hot dog buns, wraps and a popular line of organic spelt breads, buns and tortillas. In July 2010, Rudi’s Organic Bakery launched a new line of natural gluten-free products under the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery brand. For more information about Rudi’s Organic Bakery, visit www.rudisbakery.com.
Dayna Davis, Linhart PR, 303-951-2564 (office), 719-237-4678 (mobile),