Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe from Root Down Restaurant
Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing
Created by Justin Cucci, Root Down chef and owner
Makes 12 servings
· 2 cups vegetable stock or broth
· 1 ounce dried porcini or Fresh Shitake mushrooms
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 1/2 cup chopped celery
· 1/2 cup chopped green apple
· 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt,
· 1/2 cup Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery bread (either Cinnamon Raisin or Multigrain), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
· 1/3 cup chopped pecans
· 1 whole eggs, beaten
· 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
· 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage
· 1 teaspoon dried parsley
· 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Heat the veggie broth in the sauce pan to simmer, remove from heat. If using dried mushrooms, place mushrooms in bowl and pour heated broth over them. Cover and allow to sit for 35 minutes. If using fresh shitakes, skip this step. In a large mixing bowl toss the onion, celery, and green apple (and shitakes if not using dried mushrooms) with the oil and salt. Place the vegetables on a sheet pan and roast for 35 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, remove the sheet pan and spread the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery bread over the vegetables. Return the pan to the oven and continue cooking. If using dried mushrooms, drain the mushrooms, reserving 1 cup ONLY of the vegetable stock. Chop the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms in a large oven proof bowl with the vegetables and bread, reserved vegetable stock, cherries, pecans, eggs, sage, parsley and black pepper. Stir well in order to break up pieces of bread, using your hands to combine, if necessary.
Heat the stuffing in the oven to warm up.
For a downloadable version, click here.