When it comes to shellfish, it’s hard to find anything better than Dungeness Crab. Native to the Pacific Northwest, Dungeness Crab possesses the most tender, most flavorful meat that never tastes too fishy. It also is the main ingredient of the perfect delectable summer panini! The real question is, “Would you really share this with your kids or keep it all for yourself?!” If you are buying your crab cooked, this recipe is quick and simple. Otherwise, allow 30 minutes to boil and clean your crab. For crab cooking instructions click here.
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- 2 Pounds of Dungeness Crab Meat (Out of Shell)
- Rudi’s Organic Bread
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Mayo or Garlic Aioli
- 1/4 Cup of Celery Minced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Fennel Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Parsely
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Indian Curry
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Thoroughly drain water from cooked crab meat.
- Mix all ingredients (aside from bread ;)) in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Warm panini press or skillet with light layer of olive oil.
- Spread crab mix evenly across sandwich bread and grill until golden brown.
Say Cheese Photo Contest and UNJUNK Your Kid’s Lunchbox:
Want to have an opportunity to win a $500 gift card to Whole Foods and many other prizes? Checkout the promotion Rudi’s is running for Take Your Parents to Lunch Day!:
Rudi’s is pairing with KIWI magazine and the School Nutrition Association (SNA) to sponsor National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day with a Say Cheese photo contest! The annual National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day campaign allows parents to experience school-provided lunch with their children. The goal is to encourage parents to have lunch in their child’s cafeteria, so they become aware of the food their children eat every day. Together, parents and food service providers are developing healthy nutritional habits for future generations. For more than 35 years, Rudi’s Organic Bakery has been making the lives of families healthier and happier by baking nutritious and delicious breads, made with entirely organic and GMO-Free ingredients! With no exceptions, Rudi’s breads have the cleanest ingredient labels that exclude the nasty stuff including high-fructose corn syrup and ingredients that require a P.H.D in chemistry to pronounce! Therefore, our partnership with KIWI magazine is a natural extension of this commitment.
“We are committed to making the world a healthier place, so sponsoring Take Your Parents to Lunch Day made perfect sense for us,” said Doug Radi, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Rudi’s Organic. “We believe in a better school lunch program and are thrilled to support initiatives that are working to improve what our children eat every day at school.”
To celebrate Take Your Parents to Lunch Day, Rudi’s Organic is getting deliciously cheesy. Now through Sept. 15, 2013, fans can enter the Say Cheese photo contest by submitting a photo of their child enjoying a delicious sandwich. Rudi’s Organic will select the top five photos, and from Sept. 30 to Oct. 11, fans will vote on the finalists to select the winner. The entry with the most votes will be named the grand prize winner on Oct. 16, 2013.
The participation process is simple.
- Parents snap a photo of their child enjoying a yummy sandwich, preferably made with delicious Rudi’s Organic or Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bread
- Parents upload the photo to the Take Your Parents to Lunch Day microsite and fill out the official entry form
- Parents are invited to share their image with friends to spread big smiles and encourage others to enjoy a delicious sandwich
The grand prize winner will receive a $500 gift card to Whole Foods Market in addition to being featured in a Rudi’s Organic advertisement. During the campaign, Rudi’s Organic will brighten the day of fans across the country with weekly prizes, given to random photo contest entrants. These weekly prizes include: Amazon gift cards, North Face backpacks, Razor scooters, Canon Powershot cameras, Wiis and iPad Minis.
To help parents pack a healthy lunch for their kids this back-to-school season, all visitors to the Say Cheese site will be able to download a $1 off coupon redeemable for any healthy, kid-pleasing, Rudi’s Organic or Rudi’s Gluten-Free product, including:
- Rudi’s Organic Honey Sweet Whole Wheat – A drop of golden honey goodness turns whole wheat into a treat in this sandwich bread.
- Rudi’s Organic 100% Whole Wheat –With whole wheat flour and a hint of molasses, this sandwich bread is sure to become a family favorite.
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free introduced a new softer and fluffier recipe in their Original, Multigrain, and Cinnamon Raisin Sandwich Breads. The new Sandwich Breads have a scrumptious taste, longer shelf life and double the fiber content with 2g per serving.
For more information on the Say Cheese photo contest and Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free products, including Sandwich Breads, Tortillas, Wraps, Buns, Rolls, Sandwich Flatz, Bagels and English Muffins, visit rudisbakery.com. For more information on National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day visit myhealthyschool.com. For more information on KIWI, visit kiwimagonline.com.
Throughout the month of August, we also will be providing new ideas to “UNJUNK” your kid’s lunchbox. Though blog posts, Facebook posts, Tweets and Pinterest boards, Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free will provide healthy product recommendations and lunchbox packing practices to ensure your child enjoys a tasty lunch without the junk!
Follow Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery on:
Follow Rudi’s Organic Bakery on: