December 20, 2012
Auburn, New York
- 2 slices of whole grain bread with nuts
1. Butter two slices of whole grain bread with seeds/nuts.
2. Take enough flavored humus (whichever flavor is your fav!) and spread over bread, opposite sides of buttered side.
3. Place two slices of tomato on bread slices.
4. Place two slices of favorite flavor of cheese–I like swiss–on top of tomatos.
5. Marry the two pieces of bread together and cook on a panini press (if you are lucky enough to have one) or in frying pan sprayed with cooking spray or in broiler oven.
ENJOY the goodness!!!
- Rudy’s Whole Wheat Bread or Rudy’s White Bread [whichever one we have on hand]
- Organic Valley Butter
- Organic Valley Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Organic Tomato
- Organic Italian Seasoning
1. Heat up cast iron pan. Place a buttered slice of bread into pan, butter side down.
2. Put a layer of cheese on top of the bread and a slice of tomato.
3. Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top of tomato and top it with a buttered slice of bread, buttered side up.
4. When the bottom slice is golden brown, flip and brown other side
Pacific Grove, CA
- 2 slices Rudi’s Gluten Free Raisin Bread
- 1/2 thinly sliced apple
- 2 Gruyere Cheese slices
- 1. Brush panini press with olive oil.
- 2. On each slice of bread place one slice gruyere cheese and a few slices of the apple. C
- 3. Close sandwich and place in the press.
Serving size: 2
- 4 slices of Sliced Italian bread
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 c. cooked chicken (shredded) Best if it’s leftover chicken taken off the bone
- 1 Tlbs. diced green chili’s
- Pinch of salt and red pepper
1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Mixture should feel moist when mixed together.
3. Butter one side of each piece of bread and set aside.
4. Heat pan or griddle to a medium heat.
5. Place butter side of bread down on cooking surface after having spread the chicken and cheese mixture on dry side.
6. Cover with the other piece of bread, butter side out.
7. Grill on both sides until golden brown. Place on plate and serve with tortilla chips and salsa.
- 2 pieces of really good wheat bread
- 2 (1 oz) slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, fried crisp
- 2 slices of fresh tomato
- 1 TBSP butter, softened
1. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
2. Place the first piece butter side down on a heated panini press or skillet.
3. Add 1 piece of cheese, the bacon, and the tomatoes then the other piece of cheese.
4. Then top with the second piece of bread, butter side up. Close panini lid and cook until browned. If using the skillet, brown on each side. Enjoy!
- 2 slices of your favorite Rudi’s Organic Bread
- 1-2 T butter
- 1/4 c black beans
- 1 sandwich-size slice cheddar cheese
- 1 sandwich-size slice pepper jack cheese
- 2 T diced tomato
- 2 T frozen corn, thawed
1. Spread butter on outer sides of both slices of bread
2. Place remaining ingredients on one piece of the bread
3. Cover with the other slice and grill a few minutes on each side (or in a sandwich press) until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Central Islip, New York
- 4 Organic plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon(s) Organic extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon(s) Organic sherry vinegar
- 1 thyme Organic sprig or (fav herb)
- 1 teaspoon(s) tOrganic hyme leaves
- Hymalayan Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small Organic clove garlic, minced
- 8 slice(s) Organic multigrain bread
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded Munstercheese
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded Gouda cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the 2 tablespoons of oil, the vinegar, and thyme sprig (or your favorite herb) and season with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange the tomatoes cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the upper third of the oven for 10 minutes, until the skins begin to shrivel.
4. Remove the skins.
5. Turn the tomatoes over and roast for 10 minutes longer, until softened and lightly browned. Sprinkle with the garlic and thyme leaves and season lightly with salt and pepper.
6. Preheat a panini press or grill pan. Arrange the bread slices in pairs and very lightly brush 1 side of each slice with oil.
7. Turn the bread oiled side down and mound half of the cheeses on 4 of the slices.
8. Top with the tomatoes, the remaining cheese, and the remaining bread, oiled side up.
9. Grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
Hillsborough, North Carolina
- 1 slice of sharp cheddar
- 1 slice of swiss,
- thinly sliced pear
- Apricot jam
1. Spread Apricot Jam, Cheese and pears between two slices of rudis…..
2. dab of butter in pan. grill to perfection. add arugula once toasted and enjoy!
Lime Springs, Iowa
- Rudi’s 7 Grain w/ Flax Bread 2 pieces
- Butter 1 Tablespoon
- Cheese of your choice 2 slices (Cotswold Double Glouchester with onions and chives is chef’s choice)
- Diced bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange) 2 Tablespoons
- Diced Mushrooms 1/2 Tablespoon
- Diced Roma Tomatoes 1 Tablespoon
1. Melt butter
2. Brush on bread place bread on warmed pan
3. Place one slice of cheese then peppers, mushrooms, tomates and then other piece of cheese.
4. Cook under crispy then flip until the other side is crispy.
Coos BAY, Oregon
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno ( canned)
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda
- 2 tsp finley chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 slices sourdough french bread cut 1/2″ thick
1. Mix cheeses and jalapeno and cilantro
2. Butter one side of each piece of bread and place butter side down on plate.
3. Spread cheese mixture over 2 of the slices on the unbuttered side place the other slice of bread on top.
4. Grill on med heat in a skillet till cheese is melted and turn once so bread is toasted on both sides.