December 20, 2012
- Rudy’s honey wheat
- Organic Valley Chedder
- Organic valley pasture butter
1. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Heat griddle, put buttered side of bread down on hot griddle then top with cheese,basil,and tomatoe and more cheese.
3. Top with last slice of bread butter side up.
4. Toast on both sides make sure cheese is melted And well-lah done!!!
Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Two slices of your favorite Rudi’s bread
- two slices of tomato
- 3 slices of cooked bacon
- 2 thin slices (or to your preference) of avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey-mustard
1. Pre-cook bacon to your desired crispness
2. slice tomato’s and avocado’s
3. Apply honey-mustard thinly on bread, followed by strips of bacon, avocado and tomato. (At this point you can add a slice of provolone cheese if you want cheese)
4. After sandwich is assembled grill it in your favorite grilled cheese pan on on a panini press. Cook to your desired crispness…I usually go about 3 minutes on each side.
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored & sliced thin.
- 4 to 6 Tbsp sugar, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Rudi’s Harvest Seeded Bread (or any bread on hand)
- 8 thin slices Havarti Cheese
1. Melt 3 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom & nutmeg, cook about 6 min, stirring until most of the apple juices are reduced and the apples are coated with the syrup. Remove pan from heat. Set aside.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread and then place four slices on a griddle on med heat. Top each with one slice of Havarti, 1/4 of the spiced apples mixture, another slice of Havarti and top with remaining slices of bread.
3. Brown on each side 3 to 5 minutes, until golden and cheese begins to melt.
(this would be great prepared on a panini!)
- 6 slices of Rudis Rocky Mountain sour dough bread.
- 12 slices of monterey jack/jalapeno cheese
- organic oregano
- Grey Poupon mustard
- Best Foods mayonnaise
- 3 large organic tomatoes – slightly soft to touch
- Krafts grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Toast sour dough bread.
2. Spread one side with mayonnaise and one side with the Grey Poupon mustard.
3. Place one slice of cheese on each side of the toasted bread.
4. Slice tomatoes very thinly and place one or one and half slices of the tomato on top of the cheese.
5. Sprinkle both sides with oregano and slightly salt and pepper.
6. Sprinkle all slices with parmasen cheese.
7. Place all slices on a cookie sheet and place under the broiler for about 10 to 15 minutes.
8. You can place the slices together or eat them open-faced.
9. ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!
10. Great tasting, very healthy, and quick to make.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 2 slices Rudi’s organic 100% whole wheat bread
- 4 TBS. Muir Glen organic tomato sauce
- 1 slice Organic Valley mild cheddar cheese
- grass-fed butter for bread
1. Butter one side of both pieces of bread.
2. Place one slice of bread butter side down in a hot cast-iron skillet.
3. Spread tomato sauce on the bread and then place the cheese on top.
4. Put the other piece of bread on top, butter side up.
5. Grill on each side about 2 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
- 2 slices fresh sourdough bread
- 2 tsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. curry powder
- 1 T mango chutney
- 3 slices brie
- 2 slices buffalo mozzarella
- 1/8 c. arugula, washed and dried
- 2 T sour cream
- 1 T mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1. Heat griddle to 300.
2. Combine butter and curry powder.
3. Spread butter mixture evenly on bread.
4. Put one slice of bread butter-side down on the heated griddle.
5. Spread mango chutney on the bread and top with brie, mozzarella, and arugula.
6. Top with the other prepared bread and grill both sides until golden brown.
7. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and hot sauce to serve as a dipping sauce for the grilled cheese.
8. Cut grilled cheese diagonally and enjoy! I always use ingredients that are organic and/or local and suggest others to do the same
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
- 8 pieces of regular bread
- 8 slices of cheese
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 lb bacon
1. cook bacon until thoroughly done set aside
2. cook hamburger in two patties set aside
3. make two grilled cheese sandwiches put a piece of cheese on top of each one after making and one hamburger patty top this off with bacon and the other grilled cheese sandwich.
4. grill until the cheese is melted for an awesome burger. repeat with leftover ingredients
Braselton GUAM (GU)
- Rudi’s Organic Sourdough Bread (2 slices)
- 1/3 c Organic Valley Organic Feta Cheese
- 1/2 c Roasted Red Peppers (organic fresh red peppers broiled in organic olive oil)
- 1/4 c sliced organic Kalamata olives
- 12 leaves of fresh organic spinach
- 1 TB Organic Honey Dijon Mustard
1. Lay 2 slices of Rudi’s Organic Sourdough bread in a frying pan coated lightly with olive oil and sea salt.
2. Turn heat up to medium.
3. Flip bread when slightly browned and sprinkle feta cheese on one side of bread. T
4. Top the cheese with hot roasted red peppers and sliced olives.
5. Cover to warm the cheese.
6. Once bread is grilled nicely, remove from pan, add spinach on top of cheese and veggies. Add mustard to empty slice of bread and place on top of sandwich. Enjoy!
- 2pieces of bread
- swiss cheese
1. 2 pieces of bread any kind.
2. Heat frying pan to medium. put in tbs of butter.
3. I like swiss cheese one or 2 slices so that it covers the bread.
4. I add grilled red pepper slices.
5. Then put the sandwich in the pan till one side is brown turn over brown other side adding more butter if necesssary.
Fort Collins, Colorado
- 4 slices sourdough
- 1-2 T salted butter
- 2 oz. fontina
- 2 oz. havarti
- 1 yellow or orange tomato
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 T honey (more or less, to taste)
- 4 slices cooked bacon (optional)
1. Generously butter one side of each of the slices of bread. Put two slices, butter-side down on a griddle preheated to 300 degrees (F).
2. On each of the two slices, layer 1 oz. of fontina and 1 oz. of havarti. Add tomato and basil leaves. If using bacon, place two slices on top of tomato and basil.
3. Drizzle 1 T honey over the tomato and basil (and bacon, if you use it).
4. Place the other two slices of bread on top, butter side up.
5. Grill approximately 5-7 minutes per side until cheese is melted and dripping from edges