- 1 Package of Rudi's Gluten Free Plain Ciabatta Rolls (sliced and cut into 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Vegan Butter Spread
- 1 Cup sliced Celery
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 - 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock (Homemade if preparing this onion free)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
*Note: if you wish to make this with onions, simply add 1/2 cup small diced onion to the celery and carrot mixture and use store bough or homemade stock with onion.
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Line a large baking sheet with either aluminum foil pr parchment paper
3. In a large bowl combine the bread crumbs, olive oil, parsley, oregano, bells seasoning, salt, and pepper, toss well to combine.
4.Transfer seasoned bread crumbs to the baking sheet and bake for about 10 – 15 minutes checking often, and tossing as needed. Make sure that these cubes do not burn. You want them to be nice and crunchy like a crouton though.
5. Remove from oven, let cool and transfer to a large bowl.
6. Reduce oven temp to 350°
7. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the earth balance, celery and carrots – season as needed with salt and pepper.
8. Cook vegetables for 5-8 minutes until soft.
9. Transfer cooked vegetables to bowl with seasoned bread cubes.
10. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
11. Starting with 1 cup of the stock, slowly add it to the bowl of seasoned bread cubes and stir until seasoned bread cubes or moistened.
12. Transfer stuffing mixture to the prepared baking dish. Baked covered for 30 minutes, remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.