Many wonder why it’s important to eat organically as opposed to non organically and assume that the disadvantages to eating non organically do not out weigh the advantages. Today’s the day that readers learn how wrong that statement actually is. Here, I’ve comprised a list of reasons as to why you should eat organically.
1. Your safety: Non organic foods have preservatives, pesticides, artificial flavorings and colorings and plenty of other things I cannot even begin to pronounce. Eating organically is important for your health and can help you stay away from harmful diseases like cancer and heart disease.
2. Other people’s safety: Farmers who use pesticides also affect all of the other farmers around them. The pesticides get in the soil and contaminate other fields even when not wanted. This is called “pesticide drift” and it is not fair to farmers who do not use these chemicals when growing their produce.
3. Your children’s safety: Children are exposed to hundreds of chemicals while in the pregnancy process. Children are still so vulnerable to disease because they do not have a fully developed immune system yet they take in just as many pesticides and other harmful chemicals as an adult would normally take in. This can really hurt children and catch up with them in the future.
4. Your figure: McDonalds and Burger King aren’t organic therefore you will not eat it if you only eat organically. Same goes for many other foods like premade meals at the grocery store. If you choose to eat organically, you’ll be more conscious about what you’re eating and watch before you take a bite into your Little Debbie cupcake.
5. Your tastebuds: Fresher foods just taste better than frozen or dehydrated foods. There’s no doubt that I would pick fresh strawberries over frozen any of the week if it’s not because I want to eat real, healthier food, it’s because it simply tastes better.
I hope these reasons are enough to helo you consider slowly adding new organic foods to your pantry and refrigerator. Until next time, have a Rudirific day!