Thanks to Naturally Savvy for posting this great graphic on the Scary Seven! The Scary Seven is a list of seven dangerous ingredients to search for when grocery shopping.
Here’s a copy of the list and what their side effects could be!
- High-Fructose Corn Syrup: Obesity, Heart Disease
- Trans Fats: Heart Disease, Cancer, Diabetes
- Artificial Flavors: Allergic reactions due to chemicals
- Monosodium Glutamate: Chest pain, Heart Palpitations, Headaches
- Artificial Colors: Sinus congestions, hyperactivity in children, worsens ADD and ADHD
- Artificial Sweeteners: Affects the nervous system, headaches, memory loss, may cause cancer
- Preservatives: Tinnitus, nausea, vomiting, liver and kidney problems, allergic reactions
Be so careful when shopping at the grocery store and be sure to always check labels. Here’s the link to Naturally Savvy’s website to see more tricks of the trade!