There’s this common misconception that vegetarians don’t or cannot get enough protein because they don’t eat meat. WRONG. Vegetarians have plenty of great meat-less options to get their protein! Quinoa, nuts, cheese and so many others! Here are a few quick snack ideas that should give all of you vegetarians that extra protein boost you’re looking for!
Protein Packed Snacks
1. Hummus and Pita Chips: Garbanzo beans can have up to 15 grams or protein per serving and hummus has anywhere around 7 grams.
2. Cheese and Crackers- Generally cheses have 6-9 grams of protein per serving depending on the type and brand but look for the low moisture cheeses when searching for the highest protein content. Parmesan has the most protein at 10 grams per serving!
3. Egg Salad- There are about 6 grams of protein in one egg so eating two eggs in your egg salad will deliver a total of 12 grams of protein for just a snack! Not to mention the extra protein you’d get for the added vegetables in the salad.
4. Quinoa Salad- 1 cup of cooked quinoa has about 8 grams of protein in it. This would be so delicious with some kale or broccoli also high in great nutritional components
5. Almonds or Nut Medley- ¼ of a cup of almonds has 8 grams of protein and ¼ of a cup of peanuts has 9 grams of peanuts.
6. A GLASS OF MILK! – Even a class of milk has 8 grams of protein per cup!
These are also all formatted in their “suggested servings” which no one actually follows. 2 tablespoons of peanut butter has 8 grams of protein but does any one actually only eat two tablespoons when dipping their apples or somewhat less healthy back to nature chocolate sandwich cookies in?
These are just a few of the many different protein packed snacks for any one! Take a look at our pinterest page for more ideas!