Wow! School is just around the corner. Are you ready? It’s amazing how fast the summer can go by. Personally I know that getting a head start on school preparations can make the transition back into a more structured routine go more smoothly, and not only that, but more affordable and healthy.
Here are a few of my tips and tricks for back-to-school:
1) Take inventory of your children’s clothing and shoes. What fits? What can be handed down to younger siblings or others? What is still in good enough condition to wear to school?
2) Now that you know what you have for clothing and shoes, make a list of what you actually need. Don’t forget to add all the school supplies to the list that you are required to bring the first day.
3) Stick to your list, keep an eye out for great back-to-school sales and get busy shopping.
4) Does your child bring lunch to school? If so, how is your lunchbox situation? Make sure you have something that will work to keep your child’s lunch cold or warm. I enjoy adding something special each year to make lunch time a memorable experience…like a Rudi’s Organic sandwich box this year. Thanks, Rudi’s!
5) Speaking of bringing lunch to school, I am always looking for great sales on organic foods, especially those I can stock up on and include as a healthy food option in lunch boxes. I find it much easier to pack a healthy lunch if I am not scrambling at the last minute to figure out what I can pack that is quick and easy.
6) Don’t forget to start adjusting your child’s bedtime at least two weeks before the first day of school. It will help make the transition much easier if they are well rested.