- Eat whole foods. This means real food, not processed food from packages.
- Natural does not always mean natural. Look for: organic, non-GMO and ingredients you can pronounce. The fewer ingredients, the better.
- Once you start becoming aware of your foods and what is in them, shopping becomes a fun adventure!
- Get the kids involved. They can learn about food labels at the same time you do. Kids absolutely LOVE to help with shopping and cooking!
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. New foods and new recipes are part of the fun during your “food revolution”. Check out Pinterest for fabulous and fun new recipes.
- Join the local farmers coop! Yes, you are always invited. Meet your farmers! They have great recipe ideas and know exactly what is in season, and what was used to farm and grow the produce. Don’t forget to take the kids!
- Always remember, you make a vote with every purchase! What will you vote for this week?
This week’s guest post comes from Nicki aka Island Girl from Little Island Studios (http://littleislandstudios.blogspot.com/) She write about family fun, cooking with kids and design for kids! Read her introduction here.