Amie’s Grape Avocado Sandwich
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices Rudi’s gluten-free bread, toasted
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh grapes, halved
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado, oil, salt, and pepper; mash with a fork.
- Place 4 of the toast slices on a flat surface. Divide the avocado mixture onto each slice. Top with scallions, spinach, cilantro and grapes. Finish with the other slice of toast. Slice each sandwich in half and serve.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. Amie recently healed herself from six years of chronic pain, exhausting every doctor in the country and Mayo Clinic; she shares her story of how Clean Eating saved her life and inspires you to Clean up your food, too. Amie works as a personal chef in Manhattan, NYC where she cooks for a variety of clients including celebrities and people with busy lifestyles who enjoy healthy, fresh food.
To learn more about Amie and her excellent GF recipes, visit her website, thehealthyapple.com