Be sure to check out the Healthy Apple for more delicious and nutritous recipes.
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 loaf Rudi’s Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 large fennel bulb, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 375° F. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Place bread on a baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, fennel, sea salt and pepper; cook for 8 minutes, then add vegetable broth. Cook for another 5 minutes; then transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of TheHealthyApple.com; she is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. She shares her story of how Clean Eating saved her life and inspires you to Clean up your food, too. Amie lives in Manhattan, NYC where she cooks for a variety of clients including celebrities and people with busy lifestyles who enjoy healthy, fresh food. Visit Amie on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.